Monday, November 2, 2009

Amazingness of a prayer loft

Another week already! I officially missed my return flight on the 29th, I guess I will have to stay for a bit longer ;)

Last week I discovered and experienced the prayer loft, personally and corporately. It was AMAZING! I think I fell in love! I began by lounging on a couch to read my bible and pray, I ended up kneeling on the floor singing. I think I was up there for a little over an hour and had the most wonderful time! The next time I went up and turned on some worship music and layed on the floor pillows praying but more importantly just listening, trying to "be still" and "take my thoughts captive". It proved to be another great experience! Who knew a prayer loft would be so amazing!! (apparently the Danes)

Throughout the day on Friday we kept getting texts about family members ill in the hospital, family members getting injured, or friends having medical issues. My housemates had also informed me about Halloween. Now I know everyone has different views of Halloween and it's a bit touchy with some folks. Some dress up, some don't, I personally like dressing up and love the idea of a fun light hearted party. But this year a seriousness came about, I began to hear stories of past halloweens with people being crucified and human sacrifices. And then all the texts of people being sick and injured. Suddenly it wasn't silliness but quite serious. So I experienced my first corporate prayer loft experience. After dinner several of us went to the prayer loft, turned on some worship music and the prayer warriors started. It was amazing! We spent at least an hour praying and crying out to God/Jesus for the sick and injured.

If you would like to pray, Synnove, one of the members of the house is in Africa with YWAM and she is very sick with malaria and typhoid fever. She visited the U.S. in April, spending time mainly in Omaha and Kirksville.

It's time to cook dinner now...I will write more later! And I will try to come up with some more pictures to post :)

4 comments:

  1. Ellen,
    It sounds like you are really beginning to deal with spiritual warfare in your new home. I take it Halloween in Denmark is very different from here in the States. I will keep you and your new family in prayer.
    Love you,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Ellen. I check in often. I'm glad you have been having times of spiritual refreshing. It was just what you needed to get ready for the warfare you were going to engage in. We are praying for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't tell me about Synnove. I will also pray for her.
    Keep writing when you get a chance.
    Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really neat, Ellen. Thanks for sharing. I feel encouraged to pray more. Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete