Tuesday, January 12, 2010

God Is Lighting Up My World

Sketchy internet = no blog posts :(

Luckily, today seems to be a good day for the internet so a bit of a recap of the past silent days.

First of all, starting with January 1st, my housemates started dropping like flies going to the US. I come here and they go there, what's up with that? It has been rather quiet around here as 6 of my housemates traveled to the US, 2 of them are still in Sweden, and one went out of town in the middle of last week. So, what did I do? I walked around the lakes, attempted to speak danish with a few housemates and prepared for my weekend in London.

Oh yes, I went to London this weekend. It was amazing to be in an English speaking city again. Jenny and I were amazed that we could actually understand conversations around us when we were in public. We stayed with a S&L church in Harlesden that is similar to ours. They are a community church that lives together in several houses and meets for a meal on Sunday and prayer/meditation and then hang out together the rest of the day. On Tuesdays they have worship and teaching and then they hang out through out the week. They are involved in many charitable organizations, some for work and others as part of the church. For instance, they participate in a rotation with some other churches in making meals for the homeless. They have great vision for reaching Harlesden, London, and the greater world. They are interested in opening a cafe and had tons of questions about it so we invited them to visit our house and check it out. It was awesome talking with people with same vision and similar ways of living that vision. Jenny and I also went to a couple of museums while there and stopped in at Harrod's.

I love meeting new people and going new places, I learn more about God and His purposes for His people. It's like looking at the reflections of light through crystal. God, the sun, always stays the same but the crystal(the church) reflects the light in different colors (which are light).

5 comments:

  1. I noticed when I talked to you today & as I read your blog that you refer to the CPH house as we. It is not them, or the house. I know that comes from your roots. You really are part of the family there...not that I expected it to be different. It just shows how God works in your heart and expands His family. I'm glad you understand what it means to be family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your metaphor (is that even right?) about the church and God's light shining through, that's beautiful to think about. Good to hear your thoughts! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you once again for the update. I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing things through your eyes. Makes me feel closer. Love you much. Miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll be praying for you about your visa. We planned for a year to come to Korea before we ever actually got to come, and then, once we were here, we didn't get our visa stuff finalized until June!(we came that February) I know God will provide for you, it'll be fun to see how:) Love you, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to read your update. Miss you.
    Rachel
    P.S. We are moving into our house this weekend.

    ReplyDelete